Friday, November 30, 2018

When God is speaking, why don't we listen?


Genesis 12:1-5  

1. I must learn to listen to God. 

I must identify His voice. 

This requires attentive listening. 

2. I must obey God's voice to continue to hear His voice. 

Every act of obedience will build my Faith. (Abraham did not seek God when he went to Egypt, and picked up Hagar). 

3. I must depend upon God. 

(Abraham believed God to get him to Canaan, but he did not believe God during famine by going to Egypt). 

4. I must learn to wait on God for his timing. 

The more talented a person is. The greater that they will want to handle it. Stop. Watch. Wait. 

If I am to know God, I must wait upon God. (Hagar was a gift to Abraham while he was in Egypt). 

If I don't wait, I get what I can do. If I wait, I get what God can do. 

5. I must acknowledge my Faith failures to God and learn from them. 

When Abraham learned to listen to God, He obeyed God immediately. He was willing to sacrifice Isaac to God, and believed God for his resurrection. 

In the critical moments in our lives if we are not listening to God, we will spend a lifetime regretting it.

(Charles Stanley)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs of the times

 There will be an increase of wickedness (Matthew 24:9-13, 36,  2 Timothy 3:1-5).  There will be world wide satellite technology (Revelation...