Wednesday, June 24, 2020

When you pray to God, do you pray to you?


Luke 18:11-14  (NKJV)

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 

12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’

13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be [a]humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”




When you pray to God, are you praying to you?   Are you focused upon you, or are you focused upon Him?  Do you truly believe that you are in God's presence, and He is really listening?   


If you are praying in unbelief, how can that please God?   Wouldn't that be offensive to Him?   


When you are praying, are you lifting up you or God.   Do you think that God likes to hear self centered, selfish prayers.  If so, why would you be so shocked that your prayers go unanswered?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs of the times

 There will be an increase of wickedness (Matthew 24:9-13, 36,  2 Timothy 3:1-5).  There will be world wide satellite technology (Revelation...