Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Man who proclaimed himself king

 

Adonijah talked with Joab… and Abiathar the priest. They decided to help make him the new king…  


11 When Nathan (the prophet) heard about this, he went to Solomon’s mother Bathsheba and asked her, 


“Have you heard what … Adonijah, is doing? He is making himself king. And… 


King David, knows nothing about it. 


12 You and your son Solomon are in danger, but I will tell you what to do to save yourself. 


13 Go to King David and tell him…


17 Bathsheba (went to King David), “Sir, you used the name of the Lord your God and made a promise to me. 


You said, ‘Your son Solomon will be the next king after me. He will sit on my throne.’ 

18 Now, you don’t know this, but Adonijah is making himself king. 

20 Now, my lord and king, all the Israelites are watching you. They are waiting for you to decide who will be the next king after you. 


21 If you don’t decide, then after you are buried, these men will say that Solomon and I are criminals.”


29 Then the king made a promise...

30 Today I will do what I promised you in the past. 


I made that promise by the power of the Lord, the God of Israel. 


I promised that your son Solomon would be the next king after me. 


I promised that he would take my place on my throne, and I will keep my promise!”


1 Kings 1

Easy-to-Read Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs of the times

 There will be an increase of wickedness (Matthew 24:9-13, 36,  2 Timothy 3:1-5).  There will be world wide satellite technology (Revelation...