Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Conditional Promises

Matthew 5:2

English Standard Version

 

And he (Jesus) opened his mouth and taught them...

 

Sometimes I'm so task oriented.  Even when reading the Bible and praying.  I'm in a hurry to get through.  

 

Jesus's brother James wrote this.

 

James 1:22

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

 

We must slow down when we read the Bible for application as we pray.  If we don't, we are just deceiving ourselves.

 

I don't consider myself a great prayer.  I think God must get bored with some of my prayers.   

 

However, I like conditional promises.  If I can just fulfill the conditions of the promise, I will receive what God has promised.  A conditional promise is a key not my fancy prayers.

 

Matthew 16:19

English Standard Version

 

19 I (Jesus) will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

 

Conditional promises are like keys. We receive by keeping them, and lose them for not.   

 

Jesus taught....


Matthew 5:2-3

English Standard Version

 

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

 

This is a conditional promise.  Take the time to read a conditional promise, and lay it beside your life.  Like...  

 

Are you poor in spirit?  You can be. Are you so spiritually destitute that your only hope is to reach out to God for help.  

 

If you do, you can be blessed.

 

The word kingdom comes from the King's dominion.  Jesus, the King, will only come through for you on His terms, or by you surrendering to His dominion and rule.

 

Yield to Him and let Him save you.  We are not saved by fancy prayers, but a conditional promise from Jesus.       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs of the times

 There will be an increase of wickedness (Matthew 24:9-13, 36,  2 Timothy 3:1-5).  There will be world wide satellite technology (Revelation...